About Dream Carp Holidays
Search listings of carp fishing lakes in France and use the filters to find the right venue for your trip.
Use the booking calendar to see the venue availability. Contact the venue owner directly to ask any questions and make your booking.
Pack your tackle! Count down the days to go carp fishing in France.
Carp Fishing in France
There are hundreds of carp lakes in France and these can range from large low stocked public lakes with basic facilities, to intimate pools with luxury waterside accommodation. Therefore, when selecting a venue, it’s critical that you chose one that suits your fishing capabilities and requirements.
We list over 60 carp fishing lakes in France which are all available to book for fishing holidays. To help you find venues which are most suited to your style of angling and your party’s needs, you’ll find useful tools and filters to help you to easily narrow down your search results.
Popular lakes for carp fishing in France are:
- Firs Lake – 2.5 acre lake for exclusive use, carp to over 40lbs, 3 bedroom cottage with lake views
- La Froterie – 4 acre private carp lake, luxury gite sleeps up to 6 people, carp to 50lbs
- Croix Blanche Lakes – 8 acre drive and survive lake in Northern France, carp to over 60lbs
- Bounty Lakes – 5.5 acre lake, 3 bed mobile home on the lake, carp to 50lbs, very good value for money
- Etang de Villaine – 6 acre lake, optional fully equipped gite, carp to over 60lbs with a huge head of 40 and 50lbs carp
- Liden Tree Lake – 2 bed safari Lodge Tent, carp to over 30lbs – new lake for 2019
- Carp Quarry – 3 acre lake, 3 bedroom detached gite, carp to over 50lbs, stunning scenery
- Le Croix – 4 acre lake, luxury gite sleeps 6, carp to over 60lbs, night fishing not permitted, ideal for a family or partner
- Lake Elba – 6 acre lake, 1 bedroom oak lodge, private swimming pool, average carp size 34lbs
- Kingfisher lake – 7 acre lake, 2 bedroom chalet, swimming pool, carp to over 60lbs, all inclusive tackle and food package available
- Les Gravelles – 2.5 acre lake, 3 bed house, swimming pool, carp to 55lbs, family friendly venue.
- Lac Lucie – 3 acre lake, 2 bedroom chalet, swimming pool, carp to 68lbs, tackle hire available
- Dream Catchers lake – 7 acre lake, 5 bed house, swimming pool, carp to over 40lbs, excellent venue for family holiday
- Heron lake – 6 acre lake, luxury 4 bed barn and swimming pool, runs water, carp to 55lbs
- Archipelago Lake – 8 acre lake, accommodates up to 8 anglers for drive and survive carp fishing, carp to 68lbs
- Etang la Saussaie – 8 acre lake, 3 hours drive from Calais, drive and survive fishing with carp in excess of 60lbs
- Bill’s Lakes – 4 acre lake available for exclusive hire, carp to over 50lbs, located in north eastern France
- Mirror Lake – 6 acre drive and survive lake for up to 6 anglers, large head of carp to over 60lbs, catfish to 120lbs
- Fox Pool – All inclusive lake which includes tackle hire, bait and airport collection, carp to over 60lbs, drive and survive fishing
- Cherpont Lake – 39 acre lake, over 20 carp over 50lbs, drive and survive carp fishing, ideal for experienced anglers
- Lake Meillant – 20 acre lake 4 hours from Caen, drive and survive fishing, carp to 60lbs
- Carp 19 – 5 acre lake set in the Limousin countryside, carp to over 60lbs, drive and survive
- Forest View Lake – 6 acre lake with carp to over 80lbs, located close to Limoges, drive and survive fishing
- Meadow Lake – 10 acre lake in the Limousin Region in Central France, carp to over 50lbs, drive and survive style fishing
- Lac de Laneuville – 5 acre lake with carp to over 60lbs, exclusive carp fishing, 3 bedroom lodge overlooking the lake, located in the Champagne region of France
- The Farm Lake – 52 acre lake with a good head of carp over 50lbs, drive and survive fishing, 4 hours from Calais
Carp lakes in France with accommodation are ideal if you prefer some luxury on your trip or are taking a partner or family. You will have exclusive use of the lake for the duration of your trip which usually runs from Saturday to Saturday. The majority of these venues will allow you to night fish. This added flexibility is why such venues are very popular. Popular French lakes with accommodation include:
|Firs Lake||Ruille le Gravlais|
|Croix Blanche Lakes||Cuiry-lès-Chaudardes|
|Etang de Villaine||Vesdun|
|Liden Tree Lake||Chalus|
Venues with accommodation and swimming pools can make fantastic family holidays. Many of these lakes are located in central and south west France, in particular around the Limoges region, so benefit from the warmer weather. As well as having a private carp lake, a number offer tackle hire and airport collection which can be a preferable option to taking the ferry and driving to the lake. French carp lakes we list with accommodation and swimming pools include:
|Dream Catchers lake||La Glane|
Drive and survive lakes do not come with accommodation, so you will be fishing from the comfort of your bivvy for the duration of your trip. These lakes usually do have on-site facilities such as showers and toilets. We list over 40 drive and survive carp lakes. Many of these lakes are in northen France near to Calais or Normandy ferry terminals and can be reached within two to three hours of driving.
|Archipelago Lake||Sainte Marie|
|Etang la Saussaie||Ecriennes|
|Bill’s Lakes||Aulnay-sur Marne|
|Mirror Lake||Le Chalard|
|Cherpont Lake||Central Massif|
|Carp 19||La Buge|
|Forest View Lake||Chateau Chervix|
Runs Waters in France
There are a huge number of carp lakes in France where catch rates can be prolific and these types of waters are often referred to as runs waters. However, any good angler will know that whilst some lakes may be considered easier than others, factors such as weather conditions and your tactics usually play a large part in your success.
These are typically the larger carp waters and are usually booked on a per angler basis. As these venues are booked per angler, you may find that you are sharing the lake with others, making these lakes ideal if you are planning a trip on your own, but still want the social aspect of a fishing holiday. These lakes do not have accommodation so you will be fishing out of the bivvy.
Our Helpful Tools and Filters
To assist you with your search we provide you with as much information as possible, ranging from the best tactics and latest catch reports for the venue, to the distance from the nearest ferry port. Use our interactive map to easily see which carp fishing lakes are near to the ferry ports in Calais or Brittany.
You can also search for venues such as lake size, carp size, catfish size and number of anglers to easily find venues that meet your criteria. You will find that many venues offer an all inclusive package where you can fly and then hire tackle including rods, reels, bite alarms and bed chairs from the venue owner for the duration of your stay. These venues also have bait, including boilies and pellets, which are all available to be purchase on the site.
We’re not a travel agent, we put you directly in touch with the venue owner to answer any questions you may have and to arrange your booking.